Family

Family

Friday, April 13, 2012

Trying my hand out at blogging...

I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time now, and finally decided that it was time to take the plunge. Since Derek and I got married six years ago, our life has been a whirlwind of teaching, coaching, changing homes, and working on my masters. The lessons we have learned and the adventures we have had have been some of the best days of our lives. Our lives has been blessed in so many ways, primarily in the growth of our relationship as husband and wife. I am blessed beyond belief with the most AMAZING husband in the world. He is rock-solid, patient with me, the sunshine that brightens even my darkest days. God has been faithful in so many areas of our lives, providing a home, jobs, family, and friends that are as close as family.

However, we are still (patiently) waiting for the biggest blessing of our lives...a baby! Our journey to parenthood has been one of the hardest, most frustrating struggles that either of us has ever experienced. This struggle is one of my main reasons for starting this blog: to be able to share this journey with my friends, family, and others who may be struggling with infertility. My goal is for this to be an avenue to share information, prayer requests, and other news with those who will partner with us in this journey as we move into the next step. I plan on doing a recap blog on our previous steps and attempts up to this point in the near future. My hope and desire is that in reading this blog, you will join with us at lifting up our next attempt in prayer to our Father. I know that our (future) children will be the most prayed for, hoped for, and longed for children that have ever been brought into this world. And my hope is that after they are with us here on earth, that you will continue to lift them up daily in prayer. Every blessing you pour out, I turn back to praise...

Thanks for reading! I hope not to ramble too incredibly much!

7 comments:

  1. Praying that God blesses you and Derek with a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome way to share your story. Heather I am so excited that you are starting this so Cody and I can keep up with you and Derek during this time. Prayers are going up from Austin!!! We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is an interesting medium, and is almost certainly a discipline in itself. Do not give up hope, for hope is all some have. Expect great things from God, and God will enact such greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This journey has been a long one for you and Derek! And yet...I am so proud of your strength, faith, and courage you have! God will wrap his loving arms around you and He will be faithful to you! Your dad and I love you both so very much! We have prayed for you daily for these 6 years, and we will continue for we know our Heavenly Father is in control! Our love to you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! It is amazing to know what a wonderful support system we have in our friends and family! I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to know that our babies will be covered in prayer before they are even here! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super excited about this! I look forward to hearing what's going on and being able to lift you up in prayer with specifics! This is a great way to keep on touch and feel like you are part of someone's life...even when you're in another state! Miss you friend and love you dearly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ri! I miss your spirit in my life daily...but I am so thankful that I get to keep up with you and the boys through your blog! It is so comforting to know that our babies will be lifted up in prayer all over the country! I can't wait to come see you in your new house in the country! Love you dear friend!

      Delete