Family

Family

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Those moments...

Life with twins is crazy! Most everyday is jammed packed with diapers, feedings, laundry, dishes, making baby food, cleaning up baby food, playing with toys, reading books, putting one baby to bed, wiping noses, wiping spit-up, wiping poop, putting the other baby to bed, trying to make beds, cleaning the house, making dinner, and the list goes on and on. I LOVE staying home! I love the craziness of keeping this household and family running! I love that my husband works so hard so that I can spend the majority of each day at home with my littles. I really actually enjoy the housework and the busyness of it all.

But what I really love....are those moments...

The moments when time seems to stand still...

When I get to stop my crazy, busy schedule and rock my precious girl to sleep. She seems to melt into me and rub her sweet little hands on my arms. She reaches up and plays with my hair and snuggles deeper and deeper into my arms as she drifts off to sleep. My stress begins to melt away. My worries disappear. Life seems to make perfect sense there in that moment. There are no dishes, no laundry, no spills to clean, no beds to make.

There is only me and Ady...rocking in rhythm.

Back and forth. Back and forth.

I know I should go lay her down in bed so I can get ready for school. I know that I have a million things to do before I leave. But in that moment, I can't seem to pry myself away.

 Back and forth, back and forth.

I smell her sweet smell, feel her soft skin, and thank God so much for making me wait so long for this feeling. Thank Him for taking His precious time to make my blessings so perfect. Thank Him for the most precious gifts I could ever receive.

Back and forth. Back and forth.

Thank you God for allowing me to be a mother to this precious girl! Thank you for my sweet boy in the other room. Thank you for entrusting me with such a big task. Thank you for choosing me!

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10

1 comment:

  1. You will never say that you wish that you had held your baby less so that you could have done more housework. The housework will wait. The baby won't. Enjoy it Momma! :)

    ReplyDelete