Family

Family

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving thanks...

I spent many a Thanksgiving feeling sorry for myself and CHOOSING not to be thankful for the blessings in my life. This journey has shown me, not only has God blessed me abundantly more than I could ever imagine, but that I need to give thanks in ALL circumstances and for all things. This year, more than ever, I am working on having a thankful heart, being mindful of my blessings, and praying for those who are still waiting on theirs. While I'm sure there are many things I could include in this list, here are a few of my FAVORITE things to be thankful for!

Rocking Adelyn to sleep for her naps
Tucker's smile when I come home from school
A warm house to wake up to each morning
A husband that works so that I can (mostly) stay home
Tucker's kisses
Adelyn's silly grin
Watching my babies be loved on by so many people
Four stockings hung by the fire
Derek's new job at Miles and the warm welcome we have received
Parents who love me and Derek unconditionally
Two awesome sets of grandparents for the twins
Jaxson's silly personality
Jordan's sweet spirit
Tucker's baby thighs
The friends that are closer than family who love us and our babies
My sunshine girl Adelyn
Our huddle kids
My husband's patience
A church FAMILY
Incredible aunts and uncles for our kids
A job that allows me to spend time with my babies each morning
Parents that raised me to love and know Jesus
A God who had such a better plan for my life than I could ever ask or imagine
Tucker and Adelyn's joy each morning when they wake
Going to sleep each night with my sweetheart by my side
The incredible staff at FCSA and my angel nurse, Katy
Nursing my babies to sleep each night
Hugs and cuddles
A house full of laughter and chatter
Tucker and Adelyn's love for each other
My savior and redeemer, Jesus Christ

Thank you God for all of these things. Help us to be ever mindful of the abundant blessings you provide. Thank you for granting us our desires, and making this barren woman a happy mother in her home.

Happy Thanksgiving!








No comments:

Post a Comment