Family

Family

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

34 Weeks and the Twins' New Room

Today marks 34 weeks of pregnancy for Baby #3! I am feeling surprisingly good, but I guess I really do not have any other option...ha! Life has been a whirlwind since coming back to school, mostly with basketball in full swing! Derek's season has been going well,  but man oh man have we had some close games! It seems like the majority of our games have been won in the 4th quarter which is not at all good for this pregnant mama! (Seriously babe...couldn't you try winning by 100???)

I had an appointment yesterday to check on the baby and pregnancy and everything seems to be going great. My new doctor, a female, is so different than Dr. Sutliff. She describes everything as beautiful. Your lab work is beautiful. Your weight gain is beautiful. You are measuring beautiful. I can't for the life of me imagine Dr. Sutliff saying those things which makes me laugh, but I have really enjoyed my new doctor. So basically everything is right on track. I go again in 2 weeks, and then we will be down to every week. Seems crazy to be so close! We have some anxiety of course with basketball season in full swing and being so close to our due date. But my sweet Derek prayed the other night that "God knows the perfect time to bring this baby to our family" so we are trusting Him! (But God...Mama would prefer it to be after basketball time ; )

32 Weeks

32 Weeks with my Mama's girl

34 Weeks


We are still anxious to find out what Baby #3 is! It really has been fun this time to not know, but I am really excited for that special day. For any of you guessers out there, here are some things about this pregnancy:

-Super sick the whole first trimester
-Mostly craved salty, spicy, or sour
-Not much into sweets (until lately)
-Carrying low
-No linea negra
-Measuring normal (not big, not small)
-No acne or skin problems
-Heart rates vary from 130's to 160's
-Extremely tired this 3rd semester (probably due to the 2 one yr olds I chase!)
-SUPER MAJOR EXTREMELY ACTIVE! Kicks me and rolls ALL THE TIME!

I have had a girl vibe since the beginning, but I think it acts much more like a boy. I really have no idea. Derek says boy. The twins say whatever they want, depending on the day. Such a fun, exciting wait time!

Twins
The twins are doing amazing! They are growing and learning SO MUCH everyday! I am trying extremely hard to cherish this time with them and slow down to enjoy all the little funny things they do! They are talking all the time, playing, imagining, running, loving, and all sorts of fun things that toddlers do. We are planning for big birthday #2 and are going to have their party early due to basketball playoffs/baby coming and all the unexpected events of March. Their birthday is March 6th and this baby is due March 4th. I am HOPING that baby #3 decides to come before or after their birthday because I really don't want to be in the hospital during their birthday and don't want them to have to share their special day in the future. BUT once again, God is in control!

Here are some pictures of their new room. We finished up after Christmas break. I am extremely blessed with a husband and dad that are super handy and can build whatever crazy pinterest idea I find. I am also thankful for my mom who made new curtains for the new room. I LOVE the way it turned out and they have enjoyed having a room to play in and have been sleeping great!

The reading nook. My favorite part of their room!

Bookshelf and Tucker's corner

Cribs. We will be moving to twin beds probably this summer

Ady's kitchen, rocking chair and door

I have all sorts of hopes and aspirations to share some thoughts on this pregnancy and thoughts that I have been thinking. My hope is that I will get it on this blog before the baby actually comes. Who knows if that will actually happen between basketball, birthday planning, teaching, and cherishing my time with just two at home. But we do COVET your prayers as we enter the final stretch before this baby arrives. We have been praying that God prepare our hearts, home, and Tucker and Adelyn for this new addition to our family. Love to all!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment