Family

Family

Saturday, July 20, 2013

One year ago today...

...I woke up after a sleepless night of praying and hoping. We went to the doctor for the BIG blood test. The one that changed our lives forever! I remember almost not getting out of the car that day. I was nervous and excited all at the same time and was hoping beyond hope that God was finally answering our prayers. Derek and I went to breakfast to help pass the time and then came home to wait. I remember laying in bed with tears in my eyes when the phone finally rang. Katy, our precious nurse, was on the other side and she asked me "How does 242 sound?" I could hear the happiness in her voice but I still wanted to be sure so I asked "Does that mean I'm pregnant???" And of course she said yes!!! At this time last year, God answered our prayers in the biggest and best way. I remember immediately hitting my knees and crying "Thank you, thank you!" It was the first time in my life I remember truly being in the presence of God and I couldn't stand any longer. Derek of course was dancing because he was so excited! I pulled him down with me and we prayed the first prayer of many thanksgivings. Afterwards we rushed to my parents' house and I couldn't even get the words out to tell my mom when she started crying. She could tell by the look on my face that it had finally happened. We went on to call our friends and family and let the whole world know how GREAT our God was.

I have many favorite memories and days from this journey, but July 20th may be one of the very best. I knew that God had finally answered our prayers. I knew that God's love was being poured out on us and blessing our lives beyond belief. I knew what it was to stand in His presence and feel his goodness. I can remember every detail of that day. Every tear cried. Every hug and excitement. Derek went and bought a pregnancy test for me to take so that I could finally have a positive result. Our lives were FOREVER changed at that moment...in the best possible way!

Fast forever to today...my life has changed SO MUCH in such a short time. Our house is filled with the most wonderful sounds...baby laughs and babbling. Silly songs and dancing. Coos and even cries. We have toys and blankies on shelves that were once bare. A room that stood empty for years is now filled with sweet cribs and rocking chairs. And hearts that once longed for children are overflowing with LOVE and JOY that is beyond measure. God created life where there was none and made this barren woman the happiest mother in this world. Every tear...every sorrow...every shot and pain are NOTHING compared to the JOY these two have brought into our lives. Our entire world changed at this moment last year...and I could not be more thankful that it did. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

"I will give thanks to you, LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." Psalms 9:1-2

July 20, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment