Family

Family

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Eleven Months Old

Eleven. Months. Old. Today.

 
 

As in...this time next month I will have 2 one-year olds.

How in the world did that happen??? Life is moving SO FAST! Things are crazy! They are crazy. I am crazy! Life is unbelievably crazy!

But it is SO MUCH FUN! It seems like they have COME ALIVE the last few weeks. They are SO much more mobile and verbal. Everyday they learn something new. Or do something new. It is amazing! I swear they are the smartest, most beautiful, most wonderful babies EVER! Not that I'm biased at all...ha!

So much has changed in just one short month!

We are FINALLY sleeping through the night...most of the time. Basically I have stopped going in their room and feeding them during the night. After Tucker's last ear infection and a particular hard night of biting and crying (he was biting...I was crying), I decided that I was done feeding them in the night. And done nursing (hence the biting and crying). So at the first of January, I stopped going in and switched to just pumping and doing bottles. It took us a few nights, but they FINALLY started sleeping all the way through. And really...it was just Tucker getting up. Adelyn has been sleeping through the night since October. But MAN!!! What a difference! I am ALMOST human again. 7-8 hours of sleep is HEAVEN!!! We have had a few rough nights...had to split their beds apart b/c of some late night parties and paci-swapping. And then a couple of fever/teething incidents. But other than that, we are consistenly getting sleep. So great!

Also...Tucker is WALKING! Well...he has walked before. He doesn't do it consistenly, and still crawls to get around, but he CAN WALK! He has taken 4, 6, 8, and 10 steps in a row. Just like my typical wild child, his walk is more of a RUN than a walk. He's SO BUSY!!! But I have a feeling it won't be long until he is walking everywhere! I am a tad bit worried about the change...but also a little happy that he will be able to walk more while I carry Adelyn. And for those who are wondering...Adelyn has ZERO interest in walking. Or standing on her own. She really just likes to look cute and be held. Or be carried. She WILL walk when you hold her hands, but otherwise, she's Betty Spaghetti. She's so stinkin cute. And funny. She's my funny funny girl!!!

What else is new??? Both babies are waving. So cute. They will wave when you say "bye-bye" or "hi". Adelyn kinda gives a one hand raise/salute. But Tucker will wave his hand. Tucker had to get a hair cut, which I did at home myself. His hair was growing ove his ears and I couldn't stand it any longer. Both babies LOVE to read. Adelyn will sit in your lap forever and let you read books. Tucker likes to turn the pages and pat the books, but he LOVES brown bear! Both babies now say "Ma-ma". Which melts my heart. Completely. They will also say "ba-ba". Tucker sounds like he says "ady" sometimes but who knows. Tucker is also biting Sissy which is not good. He got in trouble a few times for it so now he looks up at me anytime she cries like "I promise I didn't do anything." They also both are into holding hands, touching each other, and babble/talking. Life is FUN!

Before

During
After
We are gearing up for the first BIG birthday and can't believe how different our lives were a year ago. At this time last year, we were about to start bed-rest, anxiously waiting these sweet babies, and had no idea what we were getting into. I had no idea that in one short year, I wouldn't even recognize myself of the past. My heart has completely changed. I am SO FULL of joy now that these two are here, that I can't remember life without them. Our home is so happy, so full of laughter and babbling, toys and messes. We may be a little more weary, a little dishelved, and have a few more wrinkles. But we are SO COMPLETELY BLESSED! What an AWESOME GOD we serve!




Hope you all are well this cold day! 11 Months! How fun is that???
Heather

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalms 34:8

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment