Family

Family

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Turning ONE!

Can you believe what I am actually about to write??? The twins are turning ONE tomorrow. ONE!

One year since we first saw their sweet faces, held them in our arms, and covered them with kisses.
A whole YEAR of first smiles, words, teeth, and steps.
A year of learning their personalities, likes, dislikes, and routines.
A year of parenthood.
A year of being a mommy.
A year of basking in this incredible JOY that God has so richly blessed us with.

ONE. YEAR. OLD.

It seems incredible to think that they are about to be a year old, but also it is incredibly hard to imagine what life was like without them. I can't remember our life before pregnancy. As much as this year has flown, it has also been incredibly long. They have changed SO MUCH in one short year, that I can't even remember what it was like to hold them as tiny little babies.

Some people have asked if I was sad that they were turning one. While I have many emotions and feelings running through my heart and head, sad is definitely not one of them.

I was sad for six years before them.
I was sad all of the times I saw other people experience motherhood and had to wait my turn.
I was sad thinking I may never get to hold babies of my own.
I was sad when we lost our first pregnancy.
I was sad when my grandmothers died.
I was sad for a long time.

Sad no longer describes me.

"You have turned my mourning into dancing." Psalms 30:11

I am living in the JOY that God has blessed us with the most incredible YEAR of our lives. How awesome it is to celebrate ONE WHOLE YEAR with the two greatest blessings ever. There will be no sadness this week...only joy and celebration. And thanksgiving to the only one who gives life.

Thank you God for a year of blessing.
Thank you God for two HEALTHY babies that have grown and developed this past year.
Thank you God that Derek and I made it through a whole year of late nights and early mornings.
Of breast-feeding, pumping, changing diapers, and spit-up.
Of learning how to rock, bounce, sing, and dance the tears away.
That somehow in the past year I have fallen more in more in love watching Derek become a father than I could have ever dream or imagined.
That even though our lives have changed, our hearts have grown closer to YOU, in you, and to each other.
Thank you God for loving us enough to grant us the desires of our hearts.
Thank you for the most incredible year enjoying our family of four!!!

I can honestly say that this year has been a whirlwind and a joy! I have loved every single minute...even the hard minutes! But we have truly been blessed with Tucker and Adelyn each day. And I LOVE how much they have grown and changed! And I love how much my heart has changed as well. I can't wait to see how much we grow and change in the year to come!

We prayed that God be glorified throughout this process and that when people see Tucker and Adelyn, they are reminded of his steadfast love. Thank you to all of you who have covered our family in prayer since before our two were even made. Thank you for continuing to pray with us throughout the ups and downs of the first year! Somehow...we made it! Happy Birthday Tucker and Adelyn! We can't wait to see where God takes you in the year to come!

"May the people praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you." Psalms 67:3

No comments:

Post a Comment