Family

Family

Monday, March 17, 2014

9 Straight Days...

This spring break was the best. The very best. We spent nine straight days together. The four of us. Nine in a row! Nine days without either of us having to go to work! Nine days! The last time we spent a whole week together without work was the first week of July!!! Almost eight months ago!

We desperately needed this week after the long crazy basketball season. I desperately needed a week at home. Just with my babies and my love. We played. We loved. We all snuggled up in bed. We went for walks. We played in the swings. We went to eat. We cooked at home. We went out for ice cream and watched movies. We loved each other. We loved being in our home as a family of four. We loved spending such good quality time. It was good for our souls.

And of course we were still a little bit busy! We had some extremely fun things going on! Grant and Hillary and the kids came on Saturday and stayed through Tuesday. Sunday was the twins' first birthday party! Tuesday we had a visit from Kortney and Brian and the kids. The kids played with their cousins. We had a road trip to Mimi and Papa's. We had the twins' one year old pictures made. The twins made the switch to milk so I got to stop pumping (YEA!). Life was busy, but full. Our God is good.

This morning has been a little sad for us all. Sad for Derek to have to go back to work. Sad for me to not get to stay home all day. Sad for my two littles who didn't have daddy to snuggle with this morning. Sad for mommy because we had a ROUGH night last night. Sad for Adelyn who is getting SIX teeth all at once! Two babies...nine teeth coming in! ZERO fun!!! It has been sad!

But we are SO THANKFUL for our sweet family. So thankful for two babies who need their mommy in the middle of the night. So thankful for nine straight days of family time. Thankful to be able to celebrate their first year of life and know that it is just going to keep getting better. Thankful for our God for knowing us, believing in us, blessing us, loving us, and never letting go of our hope. I am so thankful for nine straight days with my favorites in the whole world. And even though I am sad to have to go back to work, I am GRATEFUL for a God who provides. Summer can't come soon enough!

I will post soon with birthday pictures, one-year update, and one-year pictures. Our appointment got moved to tomorrow so prayers for healthy ONE YEAR olds at their check-ups! And also prayers because shots + teething will probably = a long day/night! Wouldn't have it any other way!
LOVE!

“Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.” Psalms 61:1


 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much Heather. I love your grateful heart and optimistic view. Its easy to get caught up in the world, but love how you are enjoying all the steps of this journey. thank you for always sharing and being honest but praising God the entire time. Love your ginger family ;-) yawl are way too precious. Will be praying for Adelyn this week.

    ReplyDelete