Family

Family

Friday, July 18, 2014

Sarah laughed...

Ok... confession time.

Last blog, I promised that we had some exciting news on the horizon. And I promised a blog with the details coming soon. I REALLY meant that promise too! In fact, the same day I posted the last blog, I typed another blog detailing our exciting news! I wrote that we were about to start the process of implanting our two frozen embryos. That we had gone to San Antonio for a consult and were going through all of the testing and procedures to get started. That even though some people would think we were crazy, we were anxious and excited to see what God was going to do with our family. It really was a great blog. Well written. Detailed. I was pretty proud of it.

But...you won't be getting to read it.

I didn't post it. I don't really know why. Something told me to wait. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Until I realized something. God had something COMPLETELY different in store for us.

San Antonio was 100% ready to move forward with the transfer and sent us home with instructions to call back when my next cycle started so we could move forward with medicine and testing. So I decided that I wouldn't post my blog until my cycle started and we were OFFICIALLY starting the process. As we were waiting...our exciting news CHANGED to something totally different. We waited for a cycle that never came...

So instead of exciting news about starting the next round of in-vitro...I am now excited to share completely DIFFERENT exciting news!!!

SCHOEN BABY #3 IS ALREADY ON BOARD!!!






As much as I would call this an "unplanned" pregnancy, I know that it completely the opposite. This baby may not have followed OUR plan, but it was made 100% according to God's plan for our lives and family. We started praying at the beginning of the summer that God would prepare our hearts, minds, and family for whatever children He had planned for us. Little did we know that He was busy knitting together this perfect little baby in my womb in HIS TIMING and HIS WAY. Our plans are nothing compared to the dreams and desires He has for our lives. This has literally been the best surprise of our lives!

Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.” Genesis 21:6

I know this verse seems a little funny to post here, but I completely understand how Sarah must have felt at that time. Even though I spent 6 years waiting, not near as long as Sarah, there is something so amazing about God blessing your body with the ability to conceive and carry a child. We literally did not think that my body would be able to create a baby in this way and it is SO AMAZING to see God's plan unfold! When I came out of the bedroom with the positive test to show Derek, I just started laughing. Full of joy. Full of excitement. Full of wonderment. Full of thanksgiving for our God who is SO great! I pray that you laugh with me as we go through this process!

We are so excited to share this news with you! We ask that you will join us right now in praying for this precious child that is growing inside of me! We know that Tucker and Adelyn were covered in prayer before they were even conceived, and we want this baby to feel the same out-pouring of love! We ask that you join us in prayer daily as God continues to grow this little baby inside my tummy!

So ready or not...here we go again! Right now, I am about 7 weeks along and extremely sick! I ask that you will pray for health for my body and the baby's each day as we grow together. It looks like the due date is around March 4th (2 days before the twins turn 2!!!) which means we could possibly have 3 kids under the age of TWO for a short time! WE already are coveting your prayers as our family grows and the craziness that this year will bring! Even though we know that there will be unique struggles and situations to be handled, we would MUCH rather face them with the three BEAUTIFUL children God has created, then facing the darkness of infertility. Even the hardest day before the twins is still 100 times better than the best day before them. We love our family and are so thankful that God is increasing it!

Thank you for loving us and keeping up with us! Hoping to update as often as I can!

"The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps." Proverbs 16:9

***HUGE THANKS to the wonderful Miss Ashley Doss for taking our pics! She is AMAZING!***


No comments:

Post a Comment