Family

Family

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bring on the Second Trimester!

I usually start my blogs out apologizing for how much time has passed since my last blog. I wish I could stay on top of this thing more, but it seems like I can never find the time!!! Mainly because:

A) The twins are crazy active and busy all the time
B) I am pregnant
C) A & B make me EXHAUSTED!!!

Please forgive me for the lack of updates! I thought I would update today on the pregnancy and next week with an update on how my two crazies are getting along! Next week they will be 18 months!!! They are changing and growing so much and are SO FUN!!! But more on that next week!

So...how has pregnancy been going??? Well we are officially through with our first trimester which is extremely exciting! I have been fairly nauseous and tired these first three months, but am hoping to be on the uphill swing. Pregnancy the second time around is a WHOLE new ball-game! It makes me feel like I need to go back and apologize for how self-absorbed I was last time!!! I seemed to only be thinking about myself and my pregnancy and let everything else go by the wayside!!! This time around that is NOT an option! I have to still be MAMA to be two littles and they keep me on my toes! So exhaustion has been fairly common the past few weeks and most of the time, pregnancy is on the back-burner...which is OK! I think it has actually made time FLY by and I can't believe the first trimester is already done!

We had our last appointment with Dr. Sutliff yesterday. He is no longer delivering babies so we will be switching to a new doctor. I have to say I am a little heart-broken by the whole thing because we have been through SO much together to get to this point. And I can't even get in to how much I will miss his nurse, Katy, without breaking down in tears. I was in tears all during the appointment yesterday! But I am thankful for all they have done for us and know that they will always be there for us if we need them! They can't get rid of us that easy!!!

My appointment yesterday was good! Everything seems to be right on track. We actually got to have  a little sonogram and see the baby which was neat. He/she was sucking on his/her fingers and sleeping. We kinda woke him/her up and he/she turned their back on us!!! So sweet! I love getting to see visual confirmation of this sweet miracle!!!

I will say that this pregnancy has been SO different with it only being a single pregnancy and natural conception. I was SO SPOILED last time with twins because I had SO MANY appointments and had sonograms every time! Now I am just an ordinary pregnant lady which is kinda HARD sometimes! I didn't realize how nice it was to be so cared for before! But it is also pretty neat to have a "normal" pregnancy after having SO many years being "abnormal".

Another thing that will be different this pregnancy is that Derek and I have decided not to find out the sex of the baby. Which we are SO EXCITED about! Since we already have one of each and have clothes and car-seats for both, we figured it would be fun to let it be a SURPRISE! I mean, it was a surprise pregnancy to start with, so why not have an even bigger surprise to look forward to! We both have our guesses, but I'm sure we may change as we go!

So overall, this pregnancy is completely different that last time, but still as AMAZING and MIRACULOUS as before! We are still in awe that God decided to bless us in such a surprising way with another child. We are thankful for His grace that pours out day after day as we strive to raise our children to follow Him. We are beyond thankful for all of you who partner in prayer with us daily as we struggle through this journey of parenthood! We are continuing to pray for a healthy pregnancy and we pray daily that our baby is growing and developing on track. We will have another check-up next month with our new doctor to see how our little one is doing!

Hope you all are well and surviving back to school! The past three weeks have been super crazy with in-services, tournaments, and school starting! The twins (and I) are adjusting to the schedule of Mommy working again, even though it's a little hard to be apart! Another adjustment we made this month was buying a mini-van!!! I am now officially a mini-van mom and couldn't be more happy...ha! How awesome is a God that can take a barren woman with no need for extra room to a Mama that now needs a bigger vehicle for all her blessings!!! Our God is SO good!

I promise to update next week with info on our two big one year olds! They are SO FUN! Enjoy the pictures! This is another area that I have been super lacking in because I literally never have time (or take the time) to stop! May God bless you all!

"O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Isaiah 33:2

My mom-mobile!

9 weeks
12 weeks

Hello 2nd Trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment