Family

Family

Saturday, October 31, 2015

These are a few of my favorite things...

Snuggling with Adelyn when she lays down for a nap

Dancing in the living room with Tucker


Nursing Colson before I go to bed when he's sleepy and snuggly


When Adelyn laughs out-loud


When Tucker says "I loves you Mama, sooooo much"

Waking up in the morning with Derek in my bed (which is rare with cross country!)

Funny text conversations with my best girls

Finally fitting into my favorite jeans...7 months after Colson was born!

Adelyn's hair in a pony-tail...I don't know why but it makes me smile


Sneaking into the twins' room at night and watching them sleep.

Getting to have quiet time in the morning with my bible and coffee

Hearing Adelyn sing our night-night song...


When Tucker says Daddy is his "best friend"



The way Colson tucks his chin down and grins his shy little grin when he's being flirty


The unbelievable feeling of a full night's sleep (which has happened maybe twice)

How Tucker calls everything his "favorite"

Early mornings when everyone plays in their pajamas

Starbucks whipped cream

Date nights with my love

Getting to do things with my kids that I always dreamed of...like making cookies, dressing them up for Halloween, watching Ady skate

Watching my parents love their grandchildren

Holding hands with Tucker

Colson's belly laugh

Hearing Derek pray for me nightly

Adelyn "dancing" and high stepping


God thank you so much for my years in "wait". Thank you for blessing me day after day. Forgive me when I forget how abundantly you give such good gifts. Help me to remember that these days are short and that each day is a gift from you. Thank you God for these "favorite" things.


"How abundant are the good things
that you have stored up for those who fear you,
that you bestow in the sight of all,
on those who take refuge in you." 

Psalm 31:19

No comments:

Post a Comment