Family

Family

Monday, March 7, 2016

THREE!

My babies turned three yesterday. THREE. YEARS. OLD!!!! I still can't believe that they can possibly be that big. That it's been three years since I first saw their sweet faces. First kissed their sweet cheeks. First held them in my arms. First became a mama.

THREE YEARS!!!!

To say I had a little bit of trouble yesterday was an understatement!

Last year I was just concentrating so hard on not having a baby on their birthday that somehow I don't think I really stopped and reflected on their birthday. But this year, I stopped and took it all in.

They are THREE!!! And they are AMAZING!!!

I don't want to forget that simple fact. That three years ago yesterday, God moved mountains. That the day of their birth is the day I got to witness THOUSANDS of prayers being answered. That the day they were born angels rejoiced. Heaven opened up. My babies were placed in my arms.







Yesterday in bible class we started a series on the Ten Commandments. We talked about how they started by God reminding his people that He was their God, the one who brought them out of Egypt. And that even though we were not enslaved in Egypt, that perhaps we all had our own Egypt that we were enslaved in. That God brought us out of. That He saved us from.

Infertility was my Egypt. I praise God that it was only seven years and not 40. But it was my Egypt.

And March 6, 2013 is the day He brought me out.

Yesterday, I just kept saying over and over...they are THREE! Three years of blessings. Of laughter. Of hugs and love. Of discovering each little quirk. Learning how they sleep. What they like to eat. Their first steps, their first words, their first time going potty. I've memorized their faces. Watched them as they sleep. Kissed every boo-boo. Heard every fear. Every little thing that makes them who they are.

And they are AMAZING!

I know every parent feels that way, but seriously I could not be more in love with these two (and Colson too!) They are the funniest, smartest, cutest, most delightful children in the entire world.

And they are THREE!!!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Thank you God for granting us the desires of our hearts! Thank you for my babies!!!










"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment