Family

Family

Friday, March 11, 2016

The 10 BEST Things about YOU!

Many of you know that the day we got married was one of the harder days of my life. My grandmother died an hour before I walked down the aisle. There were tears. Sadness. Trying to put on a strong face and still do the wedding anyways. But it was not exactly what I had pictured when I dreamed of my wedding. But on that day...

I got YOU.

 
The ceremony was still beautiful. The decorations and clothing looked great. There was dancing. Eating. Smiling. Laughing. But none of that compares to the fact that on that day...

I got YOU.



YOU are the best part of that day. The best part of the memory. The best part of each day after that.


So in honor of our 10 year anniversary....here are the 10 BEST things about you!

1. You are my ROCK. You have been since day one. When our wedding turned upside down, you were the one I wanted. When I fell apart in the years to come, you were the steady one. Through tears, heartaches, loss, and stress. You are constant. You are steady. You are my rock.


 
2. You make me LAUGH. A lot. In good times and bad. Some of the scariest moments of infertility still make me smile because you were my comic relief. You know how to get a smile out, even when I'm the most mad. You know how to make my days better.

 

3. You BELIEVE in me. You always have. When I'm unsure of what I'm about to do, you are my biggest supporter. When I wanted to get my masters, you were my biggest fan. When I think I'm doing a terrible job, you are there to pump me up. You make me feel like I am the best...even when I'm not.

 
 

4. You PRAY over me. Nightly. Consistently. You pray for me and about me. I've seen you grow in your faith these 10 years and it is amazing. I remember the first time you read scripture at church and how nervous you were. Now you serve as a deacon and teach our bible class. Your spiritual growth and guidance is evident and I appreciate your dedication to serve God and our family.



5. You are the hardest WORKER I know. You never stop working. Whether it's around the house or at your job or helping our next door neighbor. I remember coming to you in tears before Christmas because I didn't think we were gonna have enough money to buy gifts for everyone. You gave me a kiss and told me you would go cut firewood to help. Even in the midst of basketball season when you were exhausted, you still went out to provide. I love that about you.

 

6. You make me MELT. I still get weak in the knees when you walk in the room. Dressed up in your Sunday best or just in your coaching clothes. You make my heart pitter-patter.

 
7. You were THERE for me. During the very hardest days of infertility, you were always by my side. You experienced every negative test, every needle stick, every doctor's appointment, every tear. I still remember texting you "Come down to my room, Daddy" and then facing the devastation of the miscarriage to follow. But you were there. You never let me have one minute of sadness without you there. You held me when cried. You were THERE.


8. You ENCOURAGED me to keep going. I was so ready to quit fertility treatments, but you were the one who made us keep going. You knew that it would work. You believed. Hearing Katy say the words "You're pregnant!" is one of my very favorite memory of the two of us. I hit my knees and cried and you started dancing. I made you come down on the floor with me and you prayed through tears of excitement. I was ready to give up, and you believed.


9. You LOVE being a DADDY. Like more than anyone I've ever seen in the whole world. You delight in your children. Enjoy them. Cherish them. Delight in them. I've seen you hold our children and breathe in their hair after long nights away at sports. I see your whole face light up when they walk in the room. I've seen tears in your eyes when they cry. I hear them call out for Daddy or ask for you constantly because the love you share is so special. You adore them. And they adore you. And it makes me love you more.


 
10. You are still my FAVORITE. At the end of the day, you are the one I want. When days are good, I want to tell you. When days are hard, I want to cry to you. You're still my favorite person to talk to. You're the one I want to share secrets with. You're the one I want to spend all my days with. All my life with. Every UP and every down. The good with the bad. You're the one I want by my side.


 
 
"I have the one whom my soul loves." Song of Solomon 3:4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment