Family

Family

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Everything looks great...

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on today's appointment...

We had a sonogram and bloodwork done here in San Angelo to check on the progress of my  follicles. The bloodwork is getting easier and easier everytime...even though I still don't like getting pricked!!! We asked Katy, our nurse, what exactly she was looking for before we started and she said basically for the follicles to be growing. Well I'm pleased to tell you that they have definitely been growing!!! We several follicles and some of them are getting pretty big! Katy measured around 22 of them. They ranged from 6 mm to 12 mm...which surprised even Katy! Derek had asked her before what size they should be...and asked if they would be around 10. Katy had told him she didn't think they would be up to 10 yet, but we definitely had some that were. Basically, she told us that everything looked perfect!!!

YEA!!! I feel like a proud mama already that my little eggs are just a growin' away! HA!

They sent the sonogram and bloodwork off to San Antonio for the doctors to check it and monitor my progress. My bloodwork came back at a 186 which I have no idea what that means...LOL. It was at 32 on Friday and is now 186 and they told me that was good. Basically my levels are going up! When the nurse from San Antonio called me, she said that they were impressed at how great everything looks. That I was exactly what they wanted to see!!! For the second time today, we heard that everything was perfect!

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

We are excited about every little step that we take forward and cannot express how thankful we are that God is leading the way. It would be easy to say "Look how good my follicles are doing" but I know that this is God all the way. He is the only way that I can give myself shots and get bloodwork and all of these other crazy things and continue to have a smile on my face. We are amazed at His goodness and love that we are feeling throughout this process. We have definitely felt blessed by so many of you in the past couple of days...those who have let me know they are praying, those who text me to see how I am, and others who are giving in ways that go above and beyond what we could ever imagine. God is evident in every step and we are so thankful to be His children!

A couple of you have asked how I'm feeling during all of this...so far...pretty good! I'm having some mild issues...mostly with tiredness! I have been EXHAUSTED since Friday, both physically and emotionally. Growing eggs is hard work...HA! I've had a little bit of soreness and headaches and am having some hot flashes, but that is pretty much it. My family has taken on the emotional role for me...I swear they cry more than I do....HA...(j/k Kristen)...but I know it is because they are so excited for us. I'm sure things will get more uncomfortable as we go, but I really believe that God is taking care of me and providing me with a sense of peace throughout this whole process. Nothing else can explain how good I feel at this point.

SO...from here we continue our shots today and tomorrow at the same dosage. We will have another sonogram and bloodwork on Thursday morning to monitor my progress. We are hoping that we get another great report like today and that these follicles keep up the good work! I will update you on Thursday with the news. Keep on praying! Your prayers are felt more than you know! My little follicles are growing away knowing that you are praying. We love you!



Me being super tough after my bloodwork.
Derek being not so tough after my bloodwork



















Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy that everything is going great! I have been praying for y'all. Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I have a very close friend who just had her fertilized eggs put back in on Sunday and we have been praying for her a lot and I will be praying for you. I have great respect for y'all, after watching the ordeal she has gone through. I underhand the complexity involved in it all. Stay strong! Your faith is contagious! He does know the desires of our hearts! In His name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! We appreciate and covet your prayers!

      Delete
  3. And I understand. Not underhand. ;-) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad those little (or big, in ur case) follicles r growing like weeds. God is good. To Him be the glory. Scotty & I have been singing Bless the Lord constantly since Sunday. Today in Target I must have been singing louder than I thought
    b/c a nice lady smiled at me like I was a crazy lady. Granted both boys were crying & pulling each others' hair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha too funny! We have had it in our head so much that I put it as my ringtone! Ha!

      Delete