Family

Family

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grow Follicles Grow!

Today I had another bloodwork and sonogram to continue the monitoring process. We started with bloodwork which is now becoming a BREEZE! I never thought I would be able to sit and laugh and talk while getting my blood drawn, but it is getting EASIER everytime. I know it is because so many are praying for us each day! We feel your prayers and are so thankful that you are with us in this journey. My level came out at a 402 which San Antonio said was great. It is going up with the follicles, so they said everything looked good! Next, I went and had my sonogram to check on the follicles.
Getting a little tougher everytime! Ha!

Let me stop for a minute because someone asked me what a follicle was yesterday. As I understand it....a follicle is what holds the eggs. When the follicles grow, we are hoping they have a healthy egg also growing inside of them that the doctor will extract. So growing follicles = growing eggs...in Heather's terms...Ha!

Back to the sonogram...my follicles have grown nicely over the past two days. My nurse said they looked great! This time she measured around 18 of them and 12 of them were in double digits. When San Antonio called us this afternoon, they said all the follicles are looking great and that they seem to all be growing together at the same rate...which is good! I'm so pleased that my little follicles are already learning to get along...Ha! San Antonio told me to keep on my same dosage of medicine for the next two days and to begin a new injection in the morning.

A picture of our follicles. The little circle/ovals are the follicles (towards the top of the screen).
We are scheduled to go to San Antonio on Saturday for them to do bloodwork and a sonogram. After that...everything is kinda up in the air. We will probably start having daily sonograms and bloodwork until they decide my follicles are ready. From that point, we will schedule the extraction two days later and hopefully be transferring two healthy embryos in three days after the extraction! We are not sure yet on dates or anything, everything is pretty much dependent on these follicles growing. We also are not sure when we will be going, staying, driving, etc...everything is all up in the air.

SO...once again...we are asking you to PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! Pray for the next couple of days that these follicles keep up the good work! Pray that we will continue to have a sense of peace and know that God is in control. I will say that we have experienced the attack of the Enemy in our lives today. I don't want to go into detail on here, but Satan is trying to attack our JOY and we are simply NOT GOING TO LET HIM! Today has been a rough day, but we know that God is BIGGER than anything the devil can throw at us. Please continue to pray for us! We are so encouraged everyday by how many people are constantly reaching out to us and showing us God's love! Also, please pray for my body...I'm getting a little more uncomfortable everyday and I know that we still have a ways to go. Pray also for the doctors and nurses that are getting ready to work on me in San Antonio. We are so thankful for each and everyone of  them and we pray that God is guiding their hands and minds as they help bring our precious children into this world. We love you and are so thankful for all of you sharing in this journey with us!

Trusting in God...all the way!
Satan...you don't want none of this!!!




















I truly believe I will live to see the Lord's goodness. Wait for the Lord's help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the Lord's help. Psalm 27:13-14

1 comment: