Family

Family

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

10 Weeks Today

Just wanted to give a quick little update!

No doctor's appointment this week, so unfortunately no sonograms...we've kinda gotten use to having weekly pictures of our little babies to share! Things are still going good...I'm so excited with each week that goes by because it feels like such an accomplishment! I am in awe at God's goodness to be able to be at this point...10 weeks along and being blessed by such an amazing gift! God is so good! We are closing in on that 12 week mark and can't be more ready to get to that milestone! I know God is taking care of us each step of the way!

The next two weeks are going to be important! I am coveting your prayers as they begin to take me off of my estrogen patches and progesterone shots. As much as I am looking forward to being OFF the medicine, I am also nervous about how the babies and my body will handle the change. Please pray that these babies continue to grow and develop and that my hormone levels stay steady as they wean me off. I will begin the process on Sunday and switch to one patch (instead of three) and half of the amount of progesterone shot. The needle will still be the same size though...ha! I'm amazed at how little the shots now effect me! God has truly answered our prayers in this area because I can take a shot like a champ now! (Derek has gotten pretty good at giving them too!)

Once we reduce the medicine on Sunday, I will go in Tuesday for bloodwork and a sonogram. They are basically checking my levels to make sure they stay ok with the decrease and that the babies are still doing good. Prayers are needed! I'm sure I am a little over-worried, but with everything we have been through each step is SCARY! We know that God is in control and he will take care of our sweet babies! We are also praying for our doctors and nurses as we continue with this journey. If everything goes good next week, then the next week I will be completely taken off the medicine all together. Fingers crossed! I can't wait for that day!

In case anyone missed it...school has started! This is my 7th year to teach and I can definitely say I have never been more exhausted in my life...Ha! This summer of being on bed rest and taking it easy really did not prepare me to go back to work! Everyone tells me I will start feeling better after the first trimester....I am really hoping that is true! Right now I am trying to survive without getting sick or falling asleep during the day...and it has definitely been a challenge! Here's to hoping my stamina comes back soon!

I will update next week with our blood work results and sonogram pictures! Be praying for our sweet miracles! Love to all!


10 Weeks and finally have a little bump!!!


"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment