Family

Family

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

11 Weeks

Today marks 11 weeks! Each week feels like such a huge accomplishment! I am so proud of these babies for staying strong and growing each week! They are fighting hard to make it just like their mama! Sometimes it feels like each day is a fight! School has been pretty rough...this mama is TIRED by the end of the day! I'm praying and hoping that everyone is right when they tell me the second trimester is better! We are getting close...can't wait!

Sunday was an exciting day for us in this journey! I got to reduce my medicine! For the first time I got to take LESS medicine instead of MORE...YEA! On Sunday I went down to one estrogen patch and only 1/2 the amount of progesterone shot that I have been used to. I can't really tell any type of change in how I've felt...still pretty much tired and nauseous...Ha! But it sure is nice to be on the down-hill slope of medicine! God is good! He has provided SO much during this journey and each time we come to another test, He has always seen us through. We have been BLESSED so much these past 11 weeks! Praise God!

Yesterday, we had blood-work and a sonogram to check and see how things were going since we reduced the medicine. The babies looked PERFECT as usual!!! They are getting SO big! They actually looked like BABIES this time...we could see their heads and arms and feet! Twin B was saluting us the whole time with his little arm up...TOO CUTE! Twin A measured at 10 weeks 6 days with a heartbeat of 172 and Twin B measured 10 weeks 5 days with a heartbeat of 170. Both babies are right on track...and I think already a little competitive...LOL! They have been sticking right there together since the first week! The pictures didn't turn out as good this time, but we could definitely see them better on the screen. So exciting! We love getting to see our precious babies and hear their sweet heartbeats!




Both twins at 11 weeks! LOVE THEM!

San Antonio called this morning with the results of my bloodwork and said that both my Estradiol and progesterone levels were good. Yea! This means that the decrease in medicine has not effected my levels or the babies and we continue with the weaning protocol. As long as the rest of the week goes good, I will be able to COMPLETELY stop my shots and patches on Sunday! I can't even tell you how amazing it will feel to be medicine-free! I have had at least one shot every day since June 23rd. I am SO EXCITED! After stopping the meds, I will go in next Tuesday for another bloodwork and sonogram to check everything one more time. We also are going to finally see the doctor...which will be kinda nice! I am anxious to hear where we go from hear...how frequent of doctor's appointments, procedures, etc. I am definitely a planner and like to know what to expect!

So overall, things are going good! School is pretty much in full swing! I am hoping to start feeling better in the next few weeks! Life is too busy to feel yuck! We are enjoying every minute of this journey and even on the hardest days, we thank God for this incredible blessing! While we never would have planned this to go quite this way, we are SO THANKFUL that our God has SUCH BETTER plans than we could ever imagine! We are truly blessed to be His children and cannot wait to hold our precious babies!

Keep us in your prayers this week! We are hoping to be completely off medicine at this time next week, celebrating the 12 week mark! We love you all and are so blessed to have you on this journey!

11 Weeks...a little bump showing!

"For all Your goodness I will keep on singing; Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find"



2 comments:

  1. Heather, I don't know if you know me, but I taught Kindergarten with your mom at Goliad before she retired. I have been following your blog and just wanted you to know how amazingly strong you are not only to go through what you have been through, but to be able to share with anyone and everyone. God has definitely blessed you and those around you. I will keep praying for healthy, growing babies. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete