Family

Family

Thursday, September 13, 2012

12 Weeks Baby!!!

I cannot tell you how long we have waited to get to this point!!! 12 WEEKS!!! It seems like such a milestone for us!!! The day we have been waiting for! I know we still have quite a ways to go, but we are so excited to have made it to this point!!! Praise God!!! He has definitely brought us to this point, every step of the way, and we are so thrilled to be able to be a part of His plan!

This has been a pretty exciting week! For starters...I am officially OFF ALL MEDICINE!!! Sunday I took my last shot and took off my last patch! SUCH an exciting day!!! The task seemed so daunting at first to think of having a shot everyday for 3 months but honestly....it was not that bad! It's amazing what you can do when you put FAITH in God and allow Him to be in charge! ANYONE who knew me before this process would have NEVER thought I could have handled as many shots and blood-draws as I have had to do. This is the girl who passed out from a TB test!!! But here I am on the other side, amazed at God's ability. He alone gave me the strength to make it through and I am honestly so thankful for each lesson He has taught us along the way. We have learned so much about trust, faith, and letting go of control...all lessons that I needed to learn. And what an amazing BLESSINGS God has given us in return! We are so unworthy, yet so amazed at His Goodness!

Drawing up the LAST shot!
Shot #67...coming right up!!!



















We had our 12 week doctor's appointment yesterday and it was quite a whirlwind!!! We are used to just going in for bloodwork and a sonogram, but this time we got to see the doctor!!! (And go to patient accounts....ha!) The sonogram went great! It is so cool to see how much the babies have grown...even in a week! Our babies were DEFINETELY different this time. Twin A was as sweet as could be just chilling and letting Katy take his/her measurements and heartbeat like an little angel. Twin B on the other hand was OUT OF CONTROL!!! He/she was putting on a show for all of us!!! He/she kept wiggling and dancing the whole time...would stop...and then start waving his/her hand at us!!! As soon as he/she would get still for the heartbeat, he/she would LEAP off the scream and start moving around!!! Even when we were trying to measure Twin A, Twin B kept trying to dance into view! It was too funny! We have a little MONKEY on our hands already! Twin A measured 12 weeks exactly with a heartbeat of 179 and Twin B measured 12 weeks 1 day with a heartbeat of 167. Both babies are growing and doing great!

Our precious babies! Kinda hard to see...but you can see Twin B pretty good.
We also got word from San Antonio this afternoon that both my progesterone and estradiol levels were in the normal range and looked good. YEA!!! This means that my body is doing good without medication...which I am super pumped about. It was kinda bittersweet today, b/c this was my last day with San Antonio monitoring us! At the end of the call, my nurse said she would be sending all of my paperwork to my doctor here! On one hand, it is awesome to know that we have made it to the point where we no longer need San Antonio's help. On the other hand, we have been SO BLESSED by the staff at FCSA and their role in this process. We could not have asked for a better group of doctors and nurses to work the past three months. As much as we have loved their support, we are thankful to know that everything is going right on track and I am basically now just a "normal" pregnant woman...with twins of course! And we know that this is not our last interaction with San Antonio...we still have two PRECIOUS frozen embryos that we will be using sometime in the future!

As far as the next couple of weeks...I am pretty much just going to keep on doing what we're doing. Our doctor said that everything is looking great and I will go back for my next appointment in three weeks. This is kinda crazy but this will be the LONGEST I have gone without seeing the doctor since June 22nd! Kinda nice...but also a little nerve-wracking! We trust that our God is taking GREAT care of these precious babies and holding them until we can ourselves! We are anxious about what is to come...mostly b/c we have NO CLUE what to expect. Dr. Sutliff asked us if we had any questions yesterday and I immediately said "What are we suppose to be asking you??? What do other people ask??? I've never done this before!!!" Such a fun, exciting adventure that I am SO THANKFUL to be on! We are still coveting your prayers as we continue with this pregnancy and hope that you will join us in covering these sweet babies with prayers as they grow and develop! I will keep you updated...my nurse always teases me that these twins are already famous with as many of you keep up with us! You have BLESSED us so much with your support! We love you all!!!

12 weeks and definitely showing!

"LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead; you spared me from going down to the pit. Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people; praise his holy name." Psalm 30:2-4


Enjoying date nights while we can...just the two of us!


2 comments:

  1. I am going to make my prediction now! Both girls! But baby B might be a boy. Baby A is for sure a girl. I am so excited to get to READ your excitement. Before too long, you are going to have these sweet little hairs on your head called baby bangs. And I know you will be so proud and grateful to have them! And for sure ENJOY those date nights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you guys!!! Oodles of love from the whole fam here!

    ReplyDelete