Family

Family

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Long time no blog...

Sorry for the long time between posts! Needless to say my life has been a little bit CRAZY!!! Besides being pregnant with twins...I have been swamped with school, being department head, teaching the Princeton Review Course, working volleyball games, huddle starting, and working on grad school! Life is BUSY but I am so blessed with all of the amazing things going on! Despite the busy schedule, I still wake up in awe every morning of the tremendous blessing that we are experiencing! I still have to pinch myself sometimes to really believe that it's true! We have waited so long to be at this point and God is just so good to grant the desires of our heart. My growing belly is finally giving me the visual proof that I have been waiting for! We are really pregnant...with twins....for real!!! Can't believe this is my life!!!

13 Weeks!!!

14 Weeks!!!

In case you can't tell...the baby bump is HERE! I am definitely showing and have actually worn MATERNITY clothes for the first time this week! I don't know why I waited so long to make the switch but I was trying to hold off as long as possible...haha! Now that I've felt how great maternity pants are...I may never go back...HA! It's funny how exciting the little things are!!! I have watched so many friends and family go through this process and it's crazy that I have been waiting so long to get the chance to wear maternity pants! Each little step is SUCH a milestone for us! We are so thankful and so grateful to get to experience every little change! Speaking of which...tomorrow marks day 100 of our pregnancy!!! Day 100!!! God is SO GOOD!!!

We actually got to sneak a peak at the babies last Friday! I have been trying to get to the computer to post the pictures, but have literally had NO TIME to get on! Our AMAZING nurse let us come in last Friday after school for a quick sonogram. After going to the doctor and seeing the babies every week, three weeks just seemed TOO long to wait between appointments! We are so thankful to have a nurse who loves these little twins almost as much as we do!!! We already call her Grandma Katy...ha!

The babies looked great!!! They had both grown and had great heartbeats!!! Our little monkey, Twin B, was not in the mood to have a sonogram at all...haha!!! We were interrupting his/her nap!!! He/she kept putting his/her hands over his/her eyes and trying to hide from us...too funny! Twin A was a little more active this time...trying to make up for his/her sleepy sibling! They look SO much more like babies each time that it is SO NEAT to see! We love getting to see them every step of the way and hearing their sweet heartbeats!!! Twin A measured 13 weeks and had a heartbeat of 164 and Twin B measured 13 weeks two days and had a heartbeat of 161. I was 13 weeks two days at the time, so the babies were right on track. Twin A is a little more difficult to take a picture of because of lighting, but hopefully we can get a better one next time!

Twin B with his/her hands over their eyes! I think he/she was
embarrassed that I was talking about his/her craziness last time...haha!
Things are starting to settle down a little bit more...October should be a much calmer month for us overall...until Derek gets started with basketball! Then life becomes CRAZY again! I am working very hard to complete all of my grad classes before these little babies make their entrance. Hopefully I will be walking the stage at ASU in May! So excited! We ask for your prayers in the coming months as our pregnancy continues and our lives continue with the business! We are so blessed to have such faithful family and friends that we can ask to pray for us at all times! We love you! Our next appointment is October 2nd, so I will try and get a blog up SOONER next week. And for all of you curious ones...we have NOT found out yet what these little ones are but we ARE planning to whenever the time is right. And trust me...we will be posting those genders on here as soon as possible! I know some very anxious aunts, friends, a niece, grandmas, and grandpas (and Derek) that can't wait to know!!! I am actually not that anxious to know...I'm just so thankful to be pregnant that I would be happy with anything...haha! Love you all! Have a blessed weekend!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Phillipians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment