Family

Family

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Retrieval Day!

Happy Fourth of July! I actually forgot that it was the Fourth until we pulled into the parking garage of the doctor's office and nobody was there! HA! It was actually really nice and calm to have the retrieval on a holiday. The doctor's office was really quiet and they were only doing retrievals today, so it was really nice! I was definitely ready to get the procedure done because I was not able to eat or drink after midnight.

Derek feeling super cool with his "Doctor" booties!

I am constantly amazed at the sense of peace that God has given us throughout this process because I was not nervous at all before the procedure. Derek got to go back with me while they got me set up and started my IV. I still hate IV's but it went much more smoothly than any of my other ones. I guess I have just gotten used to needles by now. I did tear up a little when Derek left the room, but they quickly gave me some medicine and I drifted off to sleep! I was so thankful that as soon as I woke up they went and got Derek and he helped me come to. When I woke up, I was in quite a bit of pain and really sore, but once I sat up and got to drink some water I started feeling better. They got me up pretty quickly and I was pretty amazed at how good I felt. Definitely a little sore and tired...but not near what I thought I would be feeling after. Praise God for his HEALING hands!

Happy to see my Hubby and happy that the retrieval was done!

Also, PRAISE GOD that the retrieval was SUCCESSFUL! Our doctor was able to remove 10 eggs during the retrieval. Afterwards, the eggs were sent to the lab to be fertilized and hopefully starting the growing process. Now, we are waiting to see if fertilization has occured. They are suppose to call us in the morning with a fertilization report. Yea! We left the doctor's office after I had recovered and got something to eat. Then we headed back to San Angelo. I slept the entire trip home and am SO THANKFUL to be back in my house! I am feeling SORE and a little nauseous, but overall I'm doing well. God is SO GOOD!

Thank you so much for your prayers! We are now in the fertilization and growing stage! It is nice to not have to depend on my body any more because God is completely handling this process...I can't do anything to mess it up now...ha! We are praying for healthy embryos to come from this fertilization process so that we can look forward to the next step...the TRANSFER! We cannot PRAISE GOD enough for everything He is doing in our lives! Thank you also for all the kind words, prayers, and support we have felt! We are SO BLESSED!

I will update tomorrow with hopefully some POSITIVE fertilization news! Keep the prayers coming! We are so thankful to be one step closer! Love to all!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles" 2 Corinthians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment