Family

Family

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Transfer Day!

There are some moments in life when you know that after that point, your life will never ever be the same. Today's transfer was definitely one of those moments! From this point, we can't go back!

We spent the night last night in San Antonio because we had to be up early to do some medicine. I can definitely say we know the way from San Angelo to San Antonio! Mom and Dad came with us to keep us company during the transfer and our hours of bed-rest afterwards...ha! We woke up early to get ready for the transfer. Once again, it was so nice to have the transfer on a Saturday! The doctor's office was so nice and quiet and no parking fees...ha! We took some pictures before the transfer to mark the occasion...plus it gave us something to do while we were waiting.

One last picture of just me...now I'm sharing my body with others!

Before the transfer! Excited to see our embryos!

Waiting patiently!

Our cheerleaders/support team/ entertainment during bedrest

We first met with the lab technician who brought in our embryo results. We were THRILLED to learn that two of our embryos were graded as 8A's...which is the absolute best they can be. The technician even said their over-lapping circles were perfect...that our embryos look TEXTBOOK!!! I'm so PROUD! Our little babies are already over-achievers!!! Our other three embryos graded at a 4, 5, and 6. They will continue to watch them the next 2-3 days and see if they can make it to the freezing level.


Our Baby's 1st Picture! This is one of the two embryos they implanted!

The transfer was completely different than the retrival. First of all, I didn't have to go under...which was nice...but I almost wish I had!!! I was so uncomfortable because they make you drink a TON of water in order to have a full bladder for the procedure! My need to pee was WAY worse than any other discomfort they could put me in...ha! Even though I was dying, I will have to say the transfer was SO NEAT to watch! We literally got to watch on the ultrasound machine as Dr. Neal placed our embryos in the uterine lining. It was SO COOL! It by far made all of the pain, shots, uncomfortableness, driving, money, EVERYTHING worth it. God is SO GOOD! We were in AWE that they have the skills and technology to help women like me who so desperately want a child and can't do it on their own. We are so thankful for everything FCSA has been able to do for us!


On the upper left-hand side there are two white marks and an arrow pointing at one of them. This is where the embryos are.

  After the transfer, I got to lay on the table for 30 minutes and then come back to the hotel for 24-48 hours of BEDREST! So far, I have watched a movie, eaten some lunch, and taken an AMAZING nap! My mom and I are currently in bed waiting for the boys to bring us some dinner while we watch HGTV!!! Not too shabby! We are planning to head home tomorrow and I will continue to take it easy for the next two weeks.


Texting people while I lay down for thirty minutes.


Derek found a comfortable position to relax in...ha!


Bed rest in the hotel!


So what does this mean??? Where do we go from here??? Our precious little embryos are inside my body...now we are just praying that they implant and attach. The next two weeks are completely in God's hands! We are praying that he will knit these babies in my womb and allow them to implant and begin to grow and develop. Our work is done, now we are trusting in God to continue this process and help our sweet babies develop! They have put me on a couple of hormones to help my levels stay up so that hopefully we can have the very best environment for these babies to grow in. Next week, they will check my levels to make sure my hormones are ok and then we will be doing a pregnancy test the week after to see if these babies took!

So...ONCE AGAIN...we are asking for your PRAYERS! The next two weeks will more than likely be the LONGEST two weeks of our lives as we wait to test. But we know that God is FAITHFUL! He has been there every step of the way and made this whole process run so smoothly. He has granted me with a sense of peace in every single appointment, bloodraw, shot, and procedure. God has truly blessed this process and we are ASKING Him to fulfill our desires and allow these embryos to attach. We pray that these two embryos are the precious children that he has planned for us and that they will grow and develop into healthy babies. We ask that you JOIN us in prayer and pray for us in the next two weeks to have PEACE, COMFORT, JOY, and PATIENCE! And pray for those little babies to GRAB ON AND HOLD ON...ha!

I will try and update sometime in the next week and definitely after the hormone check next week. We appreciate all the love and prayers that we have FELT the last two weeks. Keep it coming!

"Now to him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY more than all we ASK or IMAGINE, according to his POWER that is at work within us, to him be the GLORY in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!" Ephesians 3:20-21

5 comments:

  1. I completely forgot that when we had friends who transfered embryos we all gave her sticky notes! So sending you some virtual sticky notes along with prayers. I know waiting is a tough thing to do:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! Some sticky notes would be awesome! : ) I will be spending a lot of time praying and reading the next two weeks!

      Delete
  2. Praying for ya'll! Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Brooke Morrow told me about your blog. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years and we are currently going through our 1st round of IVF. Your blog has been so helpful and inspiring. It has made me laugh, cry and feel excited about our journey. I even shared it with a friend who is going through the process, too. Your posts have helped ease my mind. Thanks for putting your heart and soul out there to help others. My God continue to bless you and your growing babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly-
      You have no idea how much you words mean! We prayed that God would be glorified through this process and prayed specifically for couples like us to be able to read and have hope for the future! I pray that your IVF cycle goes smoothly and successfully! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

      Delete