Family

Family

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Three Weeks Old on our Due Date

Hello to all! Today was my official due date and instead we are celebrating THREE WEEKS with our precious little miracles! Finding time to blog is CRAZY these days because our schedule revolves around feeding, changing diapers, rocking, sleeping, and managing the craziness that these two bring! But our hearts are SO FULL of LOVE for these incredible blessings that we wouldn't have it any other way!

Three Weeks Old Today!

Last week we had our two week check-up and the twins are doing great! Tucker weighed in at 5 lbs 4.5 oz and Adelyn weighed 5 lbs 9 oz. Both babies are gaining weight (Praise God!) and everything was looking good! We don't go back until the one month check-up which is nice because we had 3 doctor's visits the first week home and one last week. We are so thankful for healthy babies and thankful that we were able to come home without any NICU time!

So far, things are going pretty well! We are starting to get a routine down with these two and are working on a schedule. Derek has to return to work next week, so we are hoping to have a schedule that will work well with him being at work. I will be SO SAD not to have him around during the day but we are SO THANKFUL that he has been able to be home with us SO MUCH! I don't know how I could have done it these last few weeks without him! My mom has been coming in the afternoons while he is at track and is going to help out when he goes back to work. I can handle the two of them by myself too...but feedings are really tricky when I am alone. If one is asleep, then I can feed the other one just fine. But if they are both awake and hungry...we are in trouble!!! Thankfully I have been pumping and the babies are both getting extra milk from a bottle after every feeding. So they are able to take a bottle if I need to feed both. We have had to figure out all this twin stuff as we go...there are NO rulebooks...haha! But we are LOVING it!

Tucker Boy
Tucker is still our Mr. Serious...he has the most serious looks and expressions and loves to look around! He is Mama's snuggle bug for sure and loves being on my chest right under my chin. He is pretty mild-mannered and does not cry much at all...UNLESS he is hungry. And then you would think the world is coming to an end!!! He usually a better eater than sister and a much quicker one! He is definitely changing in looks and filling out some...especially since he started so small! I think he is going to be our sensitive one...he is always more sensitive to noise or changes....and he needs his mama time! When I was holding him one day, I picked up Adelyn and he just started crying...he wanted Mama all to himself!!!
Mr. Serious

Adelyn Marie
Adelyn is still our little clown! She is the funniest thing with her expressions and attitude (wonder where she gets that from...)! She is CONSTANTLY talking and grunting...while she eats, sleeps, plays...whatever! She is definitely more high maintenance than Tucker...she gets fussy from time to time and LETS you know it! We definitely have learned what her real cry is because otherwise we would be going in their room all the time with the amount of noise she makes! She LOVES to eat...but would eat all day if you let her. She definitely is in NO hurry to get done...spends most of the time just talking and eating. She cracks us up all day long with her looks and noises. She LOVES to be held and especially loves being on daddy's chest. She is our crazy girl!

Our Sweet Girl
The twins are SO DIFFERENT but SO WONDERFUL all the same! I can't imagine one without the other. They are meant to be together! So far they are still sleeping together and have spent every night in their own room. We are working on sleeping a little longer at night and eating a little more to help that out. During the day, they eat, play and nap. We have started doing tummy time, which one of them hates each time...haha! And now that we have belly buttons, we have started taking baths! Adelyn definitely loves bath time more than Tuck...but he is getting better.

Brother/Sisterly Love
As you can tell, we are SO in LOVE with these two! It has been a challenge for sure, but we feel like we are making progress and getting better and better at it everyday. Motherhood is for sure the greatest blessing that I have ever received in my life. My heart is so overwhelmed with love for these two. This feeling alone is worth every tear and disappointment from the past 6 and a half years. I never knew how much love I could feel for the two little miracles...and it feels like it grows everyday. God is amazing at how He works in our lives and I could not be more thankful for a God who loves me enough to give me this blessing.

Today was a little crazy...I had laundry to do, dishes to put up, milk to freeze, and a bunch of other things to do. But Tucker was fussing, so I was holding and rocking him and I realized that I was doing exactly what God wanted me to do. It is rare that you feel that you are living or doing exactly God's will in your life, but this is one of those moments that I knew that I was made for. Holding my sweet son and rocking him in my arms is what precisely what God wanted me to do...He designed me to be these sweet babies' mother and He made me wonderfully equipped for the job. And what an amazing feeling to know that my arms are Tucker's favorite place to be...I have never been anyone's favorite place to be...how awesome is that! I hope that I remember to slow down more and enjoy each moment...laundry and dishes can wait! The sweet times of rocking my babies and loving them completely is what God has called me to do. And I am so thankful that He has entrusted me with this job!

For those who have been asking...I have been healing great! I also had my two week follow up last week and my incision is healing nicely. I got to go walking today which was AWESOME because I haven't been in about 8 weeks. I am also happy to report that this morning I weighed 1 lb less than my pre-pregnancy weight! Praise God! The weight has pretty much fallen off...mostly because I am trying to keep up with feeding these two! I have never been more hungry in my life! Not everything has gone back to its proper place...but hopefully I will get cleared to work out in a couple of weeks and can fix some of that! I am thankful that God blessed us with a healthy delivery and a healthy recovery!

Overall, things are going well! I will try to continue to blog when I can with updates of these two miracles! We know how many of you prayed for these babies and we want to show you God's answered prayers! We pray that when you see these babies, you give all glory to God! He created life where there was none and created parents in Derek and I. He alone is worthy of our praise!

We also ask that you continue to pray for us! We are constantly praying for safety and health for these two precious babies. We pray continually that God work in our hearts to help us to raise them to know and love Him. We pray right now for patience as we contine to be a little sleep-deprived! We are also praying for next week as Derek goes back to work. In all things, we pray that God is glorified through this process and that we can help reach out to those who may need Him. We love you all and thank you for your support on this journey!




"He gives childless couples a family, gives them joy as the parents of children. Hallelujah!" Psalm 113:9 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment