Family

Family

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Colson Luke Schoen

At 12:53 pm on March 9th, we got to meet our 3rd little blessing...Colson Luke Schoen! Weighing in at 7 lbs, 12 oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches long, he came into this world crying full force with a head full of hair! He is absolutely adorable in every way possible! We are already SO in LOVE!!!

The day of Colson's birth started out with me waking up at 3:45 and having steady contractions all morning. I knew the doctor was going to check me when I went in before the c-section to see if I was making any progress. If I was, we were going to try a VBAC. If not, we would keep with the c-section. By the time I got hooked up to the monitor at the hospital, I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes and pretty intense. However, I was not making any progress at all. I was still dilated to a 1 and not getting anywhere. Plus, after a bag of fluid, my contractions slowed back down and were coming about every 5 minutes. After an hour of monitoring, we decided to go forward with the c-section as scheduled. I am thankful for my nurses and doctor for monitoring everything and helping us make the best choice to bring our Colson safely into the world!

The c-section this time around was very smooth. I think I was better prepared for what was going to take place, therefore less nervous. The epidural went super smooth, and I was pretty much alert and awake the entire time. When Derek got into the delivery room, I was SO anxious to know what our little surprise baby was going to be! We had already decided that Derek would be the one to announce whether it was a boy or girl. The entire time I just knew he was going to say it was a boy. After some pulling and tugging, I felt the baby come out and heard Derek say "Baby, it's a BOY!!!" I cried tears of joy and heard my sweet Colson cry out and continue to wail. I kept saying "It's Colson, it's Colson!" Poor little guy cried constantly until they brought him to me and placed him on my chest. Then he quieted down. We were so excited and LOVED that we got to experience such a sweet surprise.



As they closed me up, Derek took Colson to our room where he got his first bath and got to meet his brother and sister, grandparents and other family. Everyone was so excited to meet Mr. Colson. When I got back to the room, we had an hour of recovery time with just me, Derek, and Colson. I loved that sweet time with my Colson boy and Derek. Colson latched on and nursed immediately...and has been nursing great ever since...ha!







The hospital stay was great. After having super-tiny twins, having just one baby was a breeze! It was actually much less hectic than our normal life at home with the twins, so we kinda felt like it was a vacation! We took some naps, watched some shows on the laptop, and enjoyed our little miracle. Early Wednesday morning, our sweet Adelyn came down with a nasty stomach bug so Derek left to take care of her and take the twins to the house. I was recovering great from the c-section and could take care of Colson pretty much on my own. I was super thankful to get home to my other two, especially my sick little girl!






Life at home SURE changed bringing Colson home!!! The biggest transition was with the twins who went from having a Mommy at home pretty much all day every day, to having being out-of-pocket for two straight days. And when Mommy came home, she could no longer pick them up which was pretty much TERRIBLE in their little eyes! It took us almost the rest of the week to get to back to some sort of normal with life at home. We had some challenges, but thankfully Daddy has been on spring break this past week and able to help out. The twins are doing well, have been able to reconnect with Derek after a LONG basketball season, and are learning to do things without Mommy. The real challenge of course will come next Monday when Daddy goes back to work and I am on my own with all three. But I'm sure God will provide...just like He always does, and we will figure it all out with lots of grace and love!



So...how has my life changed??? Colson has been SUCH a delight to have home! I am SO GLAD we had the twins first because they make one baby seem like a BREEZE! He is a great eater, sleeps pretty well, and is pretty content, even with the chaos that is our world. Life at our house is crazy and wild, but I am loving every minute of it. It is for sure a challenge to have two TWO year olds and a newborn, but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I am slightly spoiled this week with Derek home because he has been AMAZING with taking care of the twins. He takes the early shift with Colson (who likes to be up from about 5 or 6 until 7) and gets the twins up and ready. He also takes the twins outside to play, to the park, and takes care of all of their baths. I am SO BLESSED by such an amazing partner and father to our children. I am also so thankful that our God decided that we needed sweet Colson in our lives! He has definitely made his way into our HEARTS and lives! We LOVE him SO MUCH!!!

Here are some pics of Colson's room. We had stuff for both boy and girl, but we were really more prepared for a boy...ha! Throw in a trip to Hobby Lobby and his room was complete!





Ashley came and took some great newborn shots of our little Stud-Muffin! His hair just kills me...





Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts as we welcomed sweet Colson to our family. We are blessed beyond measure and we are so thankful for your sweet prayers. Love to you all!

"Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name." I Chronicles 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment