Family

Family

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Overdue...

For those of you who've been counting...yesterday was my due date! And I am still here at home blogging which means...NO BABY YET! We are still anxiously awaiting our newest love, so I thought I would give everyone a quick update on baby status!

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I had not made any progress since the week before. Which puts us in a slightly difficult position since I am desiring to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean) this time around. With a VBAC, there are only so many things my doctor can do to "help" me along. They do not do a traditional induction with VBAC's and cannot use any type of medication to help me start dilating. So if I do not make progress on my own, there is little hope to move forward with plans of a VBAC.

I convinced my doctor to wait until Monday before scheduling a c-section. For one thing...the twins' birthday is TOMORROW and I really don't want to be in the hospital on their big day. Also, I am hoping that maybe my body can kick it in to gear before Monday and this baby will come on its own! I know that our God is MORE than capable of bringing this baby into the world in HIS timing and HIS way...I'm just going to give him a little more time in case He still needs it to work...ha!

On one hand, I am completely ok with the process of a c-section, since that's what we did with the twins. I trust my doctor completely, know what to expect and love the fact that it is scheduled and fairly quick! However, the recovery of the c-section is going to be much tougher on me this time around with two two-year-olds to care for. Last time, I recovered so well but I only had 5 lb infants to pick up. This time, I have two 25 pounders that rely on Mama for just about everything!!! To not be able to pick them up for 2 weeks is going to be SO HARD! I know we can do it. I know that I will have plenty of help. But it hurts my heart to think of not picking them up for 2 weeks.

On the other hand, there is no guarantee that a VBAC will even work. I would love the experience of brining the baby into the world the way that God designed. I would love to be in that position when I find out if my newest love is a boy or a girl, instead of on an operating table behind a curtain. There are so many things that I think would be neat about a VBAC. But the bottom line is we want a safe and healthy delivery for Mama and baby. And that may not include a VBAC. Which is ok!

SO...at this point...we are putting our trust in God. We are praying continually for his guidance and his hand in all circumstances surrounding this delivery. We have our desires and hopes, but bottom line is we are ABOUT TO MEET our surprise baby!!! The baby that God placed in our lives at the PERFECT timing that we had NO CONTROL over! We trust and believe that God will place he or she in our arms in the same PERFECT fashion. We are thankful to not actually be in control, because God's way is far supreme to our own. This past Sunday, Tommy said that having faith for Abraham was believing that God could and WOULD do something impossible in his life. We believe the same in our sweet family right now, because this baby is already evidence of the impossible coming into fruition.

We ask for you to join us in prayers over the next 5 days as we prepare for Monday. We are currently scheduled for a c-section on Monday at 12:30 if nothing happens before then. So we will be cuddling our sweet boy or girl in FIVE short days! I can't wait to see his/her sweet face and see who he or she will be! I'm over the moon at the thought of meeting this baby! Our God is so so GOOD!!! We also ask that you pray for strength for Derek and me as we transition to becoming parents of THREE!!! Three under three!!! What a crazy thought! We also ask that you pray for Tucker and Adelyn as they face a major transition, have to learn to share Mama even more, and are out of their normal routine for a few days. We are so blessed to have family and friends that we know will cover them in prayers, love, and activities while our time is divided!

Thank you to all of you for lifting us up during this fun and exciting time in our lives! We will update when we can with the exciting news!

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 19:11

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." Proverbs 16:9


39 Weeks (last week's pic)



No comments:

Post a Comment