Family

Family

Monday, February 11, 2013

A pill, a shot, and resting time...

Today we went to the doctor to check and see how things were after Friday's sonogram. We were obviously a little anxious & unsure...not quite knowing what they were going to tell us! As of today I am 33 weeks and 5 days...trying to hold on as LONG as possible! I also measured 43 cm of belly which would equal 43 weeks...haha like 3 weeks overdue for a single pregnancy! Dr. Sutliff checked me and went over the ultrasound with us...and then called us in to his office to discuss a plan of action...kinda like being called in to the principal...haha!

So here's the lastest...my body has definitely decided to start things rolling! We are currently dilated 1-2 cm and 60% effaced. Our doctor wanted to go ahead and be proactive with both the twins and the labor status, so he started me on some medicine. The medicine is to try and calm down my uterus and my contractions to hopefully delay labor as long as possible. As for the twins, I was sent to labor and delivery to get a steroid shot to help develop the babies' lungs. I will go back again tomorrow for a second shot that should go into effect within 24 hrs. So hopefully by Wednesday at 4 the babies' lungs will be in better shape in case we go in to labor. Dr. Sutliff also wants me laying down and resting as much as possible...which I will be discussing with my principal tomorrow.

SO...we apparently we are in the HOME stretch!!! Can anyone believe that its actually here??? I asked Dr. Sutliff how long he predicted until baby time and he said probably within the next two weeks!!! Thank goodness we got the nursery all ready to go this weekend!!!

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of these two miracles...but also need your prayer more than ever at this time! We are praying for two big, healthy babies with developed lungs who are ready to function in this outside world! We would love nothing more than to be able to bring the twins straight home and not have to be in any kind of NICU environment. However, we are trusting that God is in control and that He will bring these babies at the perfect time into our family. We also are praying that God's hand is covering the hands of each doctor, nurse, and everyone else we will be working with during this process. We are still preparing for a c-section since Tucker's head is still up, but we are confident that the Lord will see us through this process!

I will try and keep everyone updated as much as possible these next few weeks! I should have a little more rest time which means more blogging time! Hopefully I can get those shower pictures posted ASAP! As always, we thank you for your partnership during this journey and CAN'T believe we are about to meet these precious babies!!! We are going to be parents!!! Praise the Lord!!! Love to you all!

"I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5


What's a blog with no pictures??? Here's a little preview of the nursery...

Sweet cribs!

Dresser/changing station

Coming home outfits and cutie patootie hats
 
Bookshelf by Grumpy/ Curtains by Mimi
 
Can you read the scripture?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment