Family

Family

Monday, February 18, 2013

Bed Rest!

Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick update on how things were going...

34 Weeks! (Last Wednesday)

 We had a doctor's appointment on Friday to check and see if anything was progressing after Monday's crazy appointment. Thankfully the medicine seemed to have calmed my contractions down because there was no significant change in my cervix. The babies were both doing good, and we were in and out super quickly from the doctor. 

Dr. Sutliff does want me resting much more now, trying to get these babies to stay a little bit longer INSIDE! So, last week he allowed me to go to school for a couple of days to get things ready, but nothing after Friday. Which means I am officially on BEDREST! Thankfully I am not confined to the bed ALL day...but I was instructed to lay down for 2-3 hours in the morning on my left side and 2-3 hours in the afternoon on my left side...which I started on Friday. I was always COMPLETELY against bedrest...telling everyone that I was going to work until my water broke...but I must admit that I am handling it MUCH better than expected!

After last week when things started changing so much...I realized that this is what I need to do to keep these twins in as long as possible! The longer they stay in...the bigger and healthier they should be! And my last couple of days at school were SO TIRING that I am thankful that my doctor is ordering rest! I am not the best at being still...but am doing good so far! I am currently propped in bed with a whole bunch of pillows and my laptop...not too shabby! It is also SO WONDERFUL that mom is retired because she has been SO HELPFUL during this time! She has been coming and helping get stuff ready, taking me to lunch, picking me up, and all sorts of other fun mother duties! I still think Derek should be assigned some type of bed rest but I don't see that happening....haha!

So what are we waiting for now??? Pretty much my water to break!!! Every night we go to sleep wondering if this is going to be it and then we wake up every morning wondering the same thing...ha! We are trying to go as long as possible...but also SO ANXIOUS to see these sweet babies' faces!!! I can't wait!!! We are pretty much ready at the house with clothes washed, bags packed, nursery ready, etc....just waiting for the big event! Right now its still looking like a c-section as long as Tucker's head stays up...but we will see for sure when we get in there!

We are still coveting your prayers daily during this time! We are anxious and excited and also have no clue what to expect!!! I still can't believe we will be bringing TWO BABIES home in the next few weeks!!! HOW AMAZING IS OUR GOD???? I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would give me a baby and how much MORE did He have in store for us!!! I can't wait to hold and snuggle my precious little Tucker and my sweet Adelyn girl!!! I can't wait!!! God is so good and His timing and plans FAR EXCEED our own! What a lesson I needed to learn in my life!!!

Please join us in praying for Tucker and Adelyn's health and growth this week! We are hoping they get big and strong during all this rest time! Also please pray with us for our doctors and nurses that will be taking care of us and making decisions about my health and the babies' health. Pray for Derek as he is about to have THREE of us to take care of instead of just me...haha! And please pray for us as we become parents...that God will grant us the wisdom to raise these children to know and love Him. We pray continually that God is being glorified through this process and we thank God daily for all of you who have partnered with us during this journey! We love you all!

 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment