Family

Family

Saturday, February 23, 2013

No Change is a Good Thing

Good Saturday Morning!

Thought I would update everyone on yesterday's doctor's appointment...which won't take long because there was hardly any change...haha! Apparently bed rest is doing its job b/c I have not dilated any more or had any other labor signs this week. Which is GOOD! Dr. Sutliff basically said we are working now for every day that we can keep those babies INSIDE. So bed rest is working...which is nice to know b/c it is not the easiest to stay home for this mama!
35 Weeks...thankful to have made it this far!

Another WEIRD added bonus of bed rest is that I have been losing all of my water weight. I did not know that I was swelling all that much but apparently I was more swollen than I thought. In one week of bed rest, I've lost 8 and a half pounds!!! Craziness!!! Bedrest is pretty much the easiest diet I ever went on! I was really nervous at first because I kept seeing the scale go down and was worried that something was wrong...but my nurse assured me this happens a lot with bed rest when people get off their feet from working. Whatever the case...I'll take it! Less to lose after these twinkies come!

My bed rest "hidey hole" as I call it
Bedrest has been good for one more thing in my life...GRAD SCHOOL! I have submitted my last two papers for my LAST CLASS and am waiting to finish up a group project this weekend. By tomorrow, I should have everything turned in for this class!!! I am so excited to be DONE with this chapter of my life and also SO GLAD that I decided to go ahead and get my master's at this time. I wasn't quite sure how grad school was fitting into my plans, but God was faithful and opened the doors for me to pursue this dream and finish! As long as I pass these last assignments...I should be walking the stage in MAY with my two little babies cheering me on! I will still have an internship to complete this summer, but all of my coursework will be done. YEA!!!

So overall, things are going good! We are still on pins and needles daily, waiting for the day these sweet babies decide to come into this world! Waiting is SO HARD!!! On one hand, we are selfish and are SO READY to see their sweet faces! But on the other hand we want them to stay in and GROW as much as possible, so that we can hopefully take them straight home from the hospital. I wish I was one of those naturally patient people because waiting is SO HARD for me!!! Especially with all of this added time to lay around and think...haha!

 A fun comparison...6 weeks on the left and 35 weeks on the right
Please continue to partner with us in prayer! We are still waiting for my water to break...not knowing when that will be! We want these babies to stay in as long as possible so that they can be BIG and STRONG when they come out. If we make it to Wednesday, I have a big sonogram scheduled to check the babies' weights and measurements. Then, if we make it, another doctor appointment on Friday. Who knows what the week will bring!!! So far our guesses keep changing on the day they are coming so I just quit guessing...haha! We know God is in control...and His plans always FAR EXCEED our own! Thank you for loving us and our twins! We know you are all as excited as we are...things are getting SO CLOSE!!! We can't WAIT!!!!

"If it is a matter of strength, He is mighty!" Job 9:19

No comments:

Post a Comment