Family

Family

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quick Update

Hey Everyone! Thought I would give a quick update from Friday's sonogram to let you all know what's going on! I say quick because we will actually be going to the doctor tomorrow to find out more information...so I am planning on updating again tomorrow evening. Things are starting to get CRAZY!!!

So...Friday we had a big sonogram to check the babies' weights and sizes and make sure everything was going good. The twins looked great! Both of them were weighing in at 5 pounds 1 oz (give or take 12 oz) and were both measuring a week ahead in length (34 weeks 3 days). Derek is hoping already that they got some of Uncle Grant's height...haha! Adelyn had a heartbeat of 149 and Tucker's was 160...but as usual he was moving around WAY more than his sis! Adelyn's head is still head down, ready to go and Tucker is still up top with his head up. As long as his head stays up, we are looking at having a c-section...which will be safest for both babies and mama! Crazy to think we have 10 pounds of baby in there...plus all the fluids, and cords, and all that other good stuff! No wonder I'm so big...haha!

33 Weeks on Wednesday
We kinda had a feeling something was going on with our sonogram tech because she wanted us to wait in the lobby to call the doctor and see if our doctor wanted to see us. That had never happened before, so we figured something was going on with my cervix. The tech would never tell me my cervical length, which made us think something was different. Our doctor was out of town, so we went over to see our nurse after the sonogram. As I walked through the door, she immediately asked me if I was having contractions...which I responded "No...I mean I don't think so...I don't know.."! Haha! I have been having what I think are Braxton Hicks contractions where my stomach tightens up, but I haven't felt any pain and they aren't consistent at all. My nurse went on to tell me that my cervix has significantly shortened since the last sonogram so there was a little bit of concern. I was scheduled to see the doctor on Wednesday, but they moved up my appointment to Monday instead. I was also told to "significantly cool my jets" this weekend (haha) and rest.

Of course this made us all a little nervous!!! I did a super good job of resting on Friday evening but Saturday felt an extreme need to get all of the nursery done and the newborn clothes washed and bags packed and everything...haha! Mom came over and helped me with bedding, washing, folding, arranging...all of those little nesting things that made me feel a whole lot better in case the babies decide to come this week. It wasn't exactly "taking it easy" but it made me feel better...ha! And it was awesome to have mom come help with all of the fun nursery stuff! Derek was on daddy duty with building shelves and other "manly" jobs...haha!

Church this morning
So at this point we are waiting to see what the doctor says tomorrow. I'm sure he will check and see if I am dilating at all and where we need to go from here. There is also a possibility of getting some steriods to help the babies lungs develop in case they are really about to come. We are anxious, but also at peace because we know that God is in control...as He has been during this whole process! We ask for your prayers tonight and tomorrow for our doctors, nurses, and everyone else who will be caring for us and the twins. We also ask that you pray specifically that Tucker and Adelyn stay healthy and strong and continue to develop! We are praying that they do this growth inside as LONG as possible so that we can take these sweet babies home! Whatever the case may be, we know that GOD is in control...and who better to be in charge??? Love to you all!

"May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16


P.S...I am still hoping to post shower pictures and nursery pictures very soon. My internet at home is super slow but I haven't forgotten!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment