Family

Family

Monday, February 25, 2013

Shower Recaps

Since I am officially done with my grad school classes, (YEA!!!) I figured I would try and recap my showers and post pictures. Sorry this is a month late...but I knew it was going to take awhile to add all the pictures. So my bed rest today is dedicated to adding pictures...fun!

Church Shower- January 27th

The ladies of Johnson Street threw me a FABULOUS shower on January 27th in the family center foyer after church. I had Derek bring me to the shower and told him to hang around a little bit to make sure I didn't need him. I wasn't feeling super great during this time, and now that I am on bed rest I can see that I was a little swollen. Plus it was unseasonably hot for January so I was SWEATING! I am SOOO glad I had Derek stay because I had to put him to work opening presents!!! We were OVERWHELMINGLY blessed by our church family and friends that there is NO WAY I could have opened all of those presents! We opened for a solid hour and 15 minutes straight...and even had two FABULOUS assistants (Jordan and Stella) helping us out! Those two were wonderful...bringing us presents and removing tissue paper for us...HA! It really cut down on my having to bend down which was NICE! I also had LaBecca writing down all of our presents for both me and Derek...which was quite entertaining!!! Between the three of us we had quite a few laughs!

Shower Hostesses: Tanis Price, LaBecca Buselli, Loann Baker, Jennifer Timm, Cyndy Ashlock, Leslie Ashlock, Maria Gonzales, Brenda Kearney, Elaine King, Shirley Johnson, Sue Sorrells, Patti Wyatt, Pat King, Karla Smith

The hostesses were wonderful! They decorated the tables with quilts and little boots and our maternity pictures from Jessica. They also got us our double stroller which we LOVE!!! We were so excited to get to play with the stroller once we got it home...ha!





Me and sweet Stella- who I nannied when she was a baby. Stella broke me AND Derek in on how to take care of a baby!




My AWESOME hostesses!!!


Me and mom...she is ALWAYS my number one fan and supporter!


Outfits from Mimi and Papa (Derek's parents)


My precious ring with my sweet babies' names!!!


Can't wait for these two to wear their boots!


One of my oldest friends...we have been through all stages of life together...SO glad to have her here this day!


Parents to be with the grandmas





My sweet sweet Jordan Girl- the sunshine of my life!


Adelyn's "Coming Home" outfit from her great-aunts


Sweet afghans from Margene- everyone in our family has their own afghan




This pretty much sums up the day...Derek and I opening presents, LaBecca trying to write down all of the things, Mom walking around talking to everyone


Daddy is proud of his future basketball stars


Derek let our assistants open a gift...while they were opening they were discussing sleeping arrangements for when they both move in with us to help with the twins...haha!


Anxious grandmas!


We are SO BLESSED!


Derek's family- Tucker and Adelyn will be the first grandkids for Mimi and Papa and Aunt Mitsy


Me and my girls! Wore my Mammaw's pearls so that she would know I was wishing she was there!


Couples Shower- February 2nd

My friends decided to throw us a couples shower at the church lake house on February 2nd. Kortney headed up the shower and did an awesome job on decorating and making yummy snacks. We had a great afternoon with some very sweet friends who blessed us so much! There were several games to play which ended up being quite hilarious! The hostesses even got Derek a "manly" diaper bag backpack so that he could be a cool dad and pampered me with a gift certificate to the Palladian for a massage, mani & pedi! It was a great day!

Shower Hostesses: Kortney Pritchard, Jessica Boling, Hope Alexander, Kristen Lyons, Talisha Johnson

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blue-eyed boy!



Eating snacks with Taylor and Vance


Brooke, Chris, Laura, and Earl


The Pritchards and Lolli (Laura)

The first game we played was a diaper changing competetion. Couples had to hold hands and use their outside hands to work together to change the babies diapers. There were three flights, and then the winners got to compete against each other. It was quite entertaining to watch "parents" vs. those with no kids.

Flight One- Taylor and Vance won!


Jordan thought this game was AWESOME!


Flight Two- Derek and I won! Jaxson was not too interested in changing diapers


That's teamwork right there!


Flight Three- Hope and Robbie were winners!


Championship Round

Derek and I WON! We are both just a tad competitive...haha...but we definitely worked hard on this one! I see lots of diaper changes in our future...so speed is NECESSARY!


Definitely their best side

The next game we played was a toilet paper measuring game. Couples had to guess how many toilet paper squares around my belly was. This was not quite as fun b/c everyone thought I was WAY bigger than I actually was...haha!

This is why I don't like Brady...he asked me if this was big enough to fit around me...


Only 12 squares thank you very much!!!

Kortney and Brian were right on the money with 12 squares and Grant and Hillary were next with 14. Brady and Lemire were last with 19...that's 28 inches bigger than I really was!!!

Present time!


Three of my favorite ladies ever! Kortney was checking to see if mom's baby had broken its water...another fun game we played. Each person got an ice cube with a baby in their drink and had to wait until the baby was free!


One of the funniest pictures...Derek and Kortney are not paying attention...Jordan and me are involved in the bibs...and Kyndall has her leg up on Derek for some reason...


Another classic moment...me hiding my eyes so Brian could get my present from the car...Me, Derek, and Kortney had lots of these moments working together for three years!


Me and the hostesses! Unfortunately TaLisha and Kristen were out of town. LOVE these girls!


Excited Parents To Be....can't wait for our sweet babies to be here!

 
Well I am super excited that I got all of these pictures on here! It has been an all-day affair trying to get things loaded. It was also really fun to go back and re-live our fun showers!
 
 
Be looking for a post tomorrow or Wednesday! Things may be moving along just a little sooner than we thought...our sonogram was re-scheduled for today and I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I will have more details soon! Love to you all!

"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you," Colossians 1:3


No comments:

Post a Comment